LADY ELIZABETH

the hidden world in my violin.... hold on to my hand and i'll bring u there... together, let's step into my violin.....

Saturday, March 22, 2008


 

Karl Hofner Master Violin

This, is a Hofner. but, not the China Hofner u find in Bentley Music or anywhere. This is a Master Violin, made by Karl Hofner himself. HANDMADE.

History :
Karl Hofner himself handed this violin to my teacher and asked him, 'do u want to buy this?' my teacher tried and bought this instantly. This is a Master violin. made in Germany.


The Hofner violin.
the Back.


the pegs.
the inside. ( click to enlarge so tat u'll hv a better view of it)
Comments :
1. superb. sounds like the Otto Joser Klier violin which i fell in love with. til then, this was the one who manage to attract and catch my attention to look at it for more than one minute.
2. the G string is warm but, not as warm as the Jan Kubek.
3. The E string is perfect for me as it is not too sharp and loud. i would say...it carries a little essence of mellow sound in the E string.
4. high register is perfect. it is sharp and loud and clear at 7th position
5. BUT i feel..it dosent sound woody enough. maybe i shall try Evah strings on it. I still prefer a more woody violin which doesnt contain abit of metal sound.
6. the touch. this is wonderful. i've nvr tried on such soft, silk-like touch before. when i first picked it up and play. i felt absolutely no pressure, no strenght needed at all to play this. it fitted perfectly under my chin. the size, the weight..everything suited me. i felt like..this is the one. i hv been searching for u, and u've been waiting for me. waiting for me to pick u up and bring u home. i tell u...this is wonderful.

Estimated Price : RM15,000 - RM17,000

4:21 PM
I shall remain immortal until my violin breaks


by ELIZABETH , inspired by STRADIVARIUS @ 4:21 PM

1 Comments:

At September 6, 2012 at 12:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi
nice sound.
how old is your teacher? i believe karl died in the early fifties and bubenreuth was opened around same time. what is the date inside, i cant make it out in the pics.
yes, the master series were handmade. and a big step above the concert ones.
your teacher must have purchased 60 years ago if karl himself handed it to her.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home