LADY ELIZABETH

the hidden world in my violin.... hold on to my hand and i'll bring u there... together, let's step into my violin.....

Tuesday, January 15, 2008


 

me and my blur eyes...

today, first thing i woke up in the morning, i made up my mind to go for the music audition at NUS. i stormed downstairs, ignore my breakfast and brushed up my beethoven's piano sonata. i read at the web page yesterday the audition pieces required. i was so soo sooo happy. the autition pieces are as below :

Piano

Applicants are required to perform one selection from each of the following five groups:

One virtuoso Etude by Chopin, Liszt, Rachmaninov, Debussy, Scriabin, Bartok, Stravinsky, Moszkowski, Prokofiev, Ligeti or Bolcom.

Any Prelude & Fugue chosen from the Well Tempered Clavier by J.S. Bach

A complete Sonata by Haydn, Mozart, Beethoven, Schubert, or Clementi

A major work from the Romantic period

A representative work from the 20th century to the present

No exceptions or substitutions will be permitted for the above requirements. See FAQ's on audition repertoire for further clarification.
Applicants should also make note of the following:
All audition repertoire must be performed from memory.
No concerti or transcriptions are permitted.
The examination may also include sight-reading of a short musical excerpt.


ok..so..they jus need one piece? choose from the five? choose one from the five groups?? wow...this audition so easy?? one piece of song is needed only..i'm so so happy.. i hv in hand beethoven's piano sonata adi...hahhahaha...

in the afternoon, i went to double check and i realize sth.....
Applicants are required to perform one selection from each of the following five groups
i was dumbfounded. i rub my eyes.... it's select 1 from each of the 5 groups. means..altogether..5 pieces..5 !!!! 5!!!! need to memorize somemore...wat the hell..one sonata already 50 pages long..somemore need 5 pieces!!!!! memorize all...ahh..forget it man..i better stick back to engineering..gosh...lazy to practice so many songs....

my goodnes..NUS...why must u set such high standard? are u mad?? other auditions need 3 pieces, u need 5..my goodness...

so disappointed....

4:04 PM
I shall remain immortal until my violin breaks


by ELIZABETH , inspired by STRADIVARIUS @ 4:04 PM

1 Comments:

At January 16, 2008 at 6:07 PM , Blogger freedom said...

just go for it...try it..practice...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home