LADY ELIZABETH

the hidden world in my violin.... hold on to my hand and i'll bring u there... together, let's step into my violin.....

Thursday, March 6, 2008


 

freedom!!!!!

AT LAST!!!! GUESS WHAT!





i've finished my recording and burned it into a DVD. for a realll PC nut like me, burning the DVD is a great accomplishment. but..ahem..i did not do it la. Jerry and Justea burned it for me.hahahhaa..i jus stood and watch and scream only. whew.. at last.. AT LAST... i felt like giving up soo many times u know? uncountable... lets see...i felt like giving up when..
1. be4 my recording when i was practicing on my etude.
2. memorizing Bach's Fugue.
3. recording Chopin's scherzo. recording halfway. HALFWAY throughout the song,i felt like throwing up . i felt like gving up. but i still continued.
4. recording beethoven's piano sonata. esp the first movement, i can die man..seriously..

Aaron..u shud seriously listen to my recordings..maybe i'll post it up here one day, when i'm free.. i'm actually quite disappointed lo.. haih..why can i play more fluently?let me explain...

1. Chopin's etude : my gosh..every 1 min, there's a mistake. can u believe it, i managed to learn, practice and memorize in 3 days time? hahha..geng ler...

2. bach's prelude and fugue no.2 : u know wat...i learn, practice and memorized in 4 days time. speed learning. hahhahha..i shud study speed learning in music, and not music performance.

3. Beethoven's piano sonata no.8 ( pathetique) : this is..really..torture..........seriously..my gosh..i'll not touch another piano sonata for 3 months. nvr. yux.

4. Chopin's scherzo no.2 : mmm..this is nice.but...it's torturing too.. it's hard. so,during my recording, as i proceed more and more towards to end, i cant afford to make a mistake or else i hv to redo it again. i was so stressed and scared. my fingers and keyboards are all wet like anything. it's like..put soap on the piano keys..or..ice skating on the piano keys. seriously sin ku..but it's a very nice piece. i've always love Chopin.

5. Clair de lune by Debussy : i hv no comment on this la..i enjoy playing it.

after this few days of hard work, i really felt that..music is not easy at all as i've imagined. it's really hard work, continuous hard work and continuous pressure esp performance lo...u cant afford to make a mistake up there on the stage. it's no longer the sec skol performance or some dinner performance where ppl dun really care wat u play. now, it's different. Phd holders, experienced performers, medias will all be criticising u if u dun play well..and, everyday practice doesn't promise u a flawless music. haihh... i tink..the pressure is even greater than being an engineer.... at least, during exam, i still can cancel or rub off my mistake. but, a performer, can nvr erase the mistake one make on the stage..unless there's a time machine where u can return few secs ago and play it again...

i really must have a good night's sleep man....everyday, i practice from 9am sharp til 1am with few hours break in between for my meals. AND..there's no last min in music..like wat i did. the consequences were..practicing from morning til another morning, but still cant play perfectly. music requires time.. not like studying. today study, tomoro exam.haih..i must really think twice. shud i really go for music.

now, i'd like to thank my dear friends greatly.
JERRY JANET JUSTEA and last but not least... MENG JIN

they came over and help me burn all my videos into the DVD. lucky... if not..i'll have to send a thumbdrive over adi..hhahhaha..thx guys..i'll belanja steamboat one night for dinner.( only for ppl who read this post ) kekekkek



justea is getting thinner and thinner..study stress i think...he's worst than me now..



4 of them...trying to hide from the cam..

look wat meng jin is doin...my gosh..hhaha..taking a pic of my 4 year old pic!!!



the vain king..hhahahahahaa
Janet..commenting on sth..i tink it's the dust or wat..hahahha...


and, guys...i really hv to admit..janet, ur right. i hv everything on my table..including lap sap(rubbish) hahahhahhaha....my table can barely be clean and tidy one laaaa ... hahha

so..how?? meng jin.. like my room ler??? and the amount of items in purple color.. hahhahaha. i like purple since form 4 or 5 i tink..jus tat i prefer pink over purple. so , i usually tell ppl i like pink. PLUS i dun want to paint my room pink...

thx loads....thx a million times..esp justea..so tired d but still came and help me.

12:07 AM
I shall remain immortal until my violin breaks


by ELIZABETH , inspired by STRADIVARIUS @ 12:07 AM

3 Comments:

At March 6, 2008 at 1:12 AM , Blogger Meng Jin said...

yorr...
why you put my name last wan...
lol just joking...
don't thank us larr...
just pray that you'll get into NUS after all the really hard work...
I wish you good luck!

 
At March 7, 2008 at 12:48 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey,

how's your recording? And where are the videos?

Gosh, you actually like debussy? I have very low tolerance for something so dissonant.

Aaron Lo

 
At March 7, 2008 at 7:45 PM , Blogger Elizabeth Victoria said...

Aaron..i'll post it much later. maybe tomoro..
i dun actually like Debussy laa...u know laa..i'm not really into 20th century music..i still prefer chopin laaaaa but Debussy is much easier..not so stresful compare to chopin's BIG WORK and Beethoven's BIG WORK. those can really my tiny fingers...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home